Thursday 21 November 2013

Introduction

Hi,

I'm That Hi-Fi Guy and I'd like to give you a brief introduction to who I am and what I'm about.

I have worked in the audio visual industry for going on seven years. During that time, I have worked as an installer and more recently a salesperson. I have worked directly for major brands and for a number of the big chain electrical retailers, and at this stage of my working life, I have been looking at ways in which to become a bigger part of the world that is AV.

Audio visual products excite me. I look forward to seeing the latest tv's. I love home theatre and I am a well voiced spokesman for all things stereo.

What I aim to do with this blog should you choose to read it, is hopefully inform, enlighten and advise in a completely unbiased way. At no point will I mention which store I work at, nor will I recommend only brands of product I sell. As I said, unbiased advice. 

What has started me on writing this blog? Well, that is easier explained with some of my history. 

I grew up in Australia with European parents. From as far back as I can remember, my father always listened to music on his stereo. Over the years, some of the components changed, but one thing always remained the same, that amazing stereo sound.

Fast forward some 25 odd years, I'm now a man myself, and that same passion for audio my father had all those years back has been passed onto me. His old components become my new treasures. His records, part of my adopted collection. 

In an age where everything has moved towards the digital realm, can real audio hope to survive? 

I honestly hope so, and I hope to help this happen through education and discussion.

So for all things AV, just ask That Hi-Fi Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment